Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Allie's Almost Here!!





 Today started out as a pretty normal Wednesday. After dance from nine till noon, Mom nagged me to clean my room. Honestly, why does it need cleaning? I'll just make it messy again in a few weeks. That's one thing I've never understood about parents. Why in the world they need things ABSOLUTELY SPOTLESS before they can rest.
After 45 minutes of cleaning (which means sort-of cleaning while simultaneously texting, lounging, reading, playing with the dog, texting...), I had managed to put away three pairs of pants. That's about when Mom came in and was like "You've been at it for 45 minutes and only put away three pairs of pants?!?!?!" Frankly, I was also surprised I had gotten that much done in that little amount of time too. But apparently that's not what mom meant. After that she started helping and 10 minutes later I was finished. What's that one saying again? Mother's hands make light work? Or something like that. That's one thing I do like about moms: How fast they clean up!




 I decided to not make another mess in my nice and clean room and just sit on my bed relaxing by re-reading The Hunger Games for the millionth time, playing with my puppy, Baxter, and answering any texts that came in.

 
 Suddenly, my phone buzzed. 
New Text Message From 
Sabrina
The message read:
hey i just had a gr8 idea i need 2 tell u in person its that great! can i come over?
I quickly typed back:
Sure! C u soon! :-)

 A few minutes later, Sabrina came bounding into my room. "I just had, like, the GREATEST idea ever!" She cried.
"Yeah. I could tell from your text. So what is it?"
"You know how Alice is coming into town tomorrow?"
"Yeah..."
"We should throw her a welcome back party!!"
"That IS a great idea!" I cried, "But we'll have to have it ready by tomorrow."
 Sabrina sat down on my bed and shrugged. "We don't need to make it fancy. She won't want it too fancy. Just something fun and casual." So we started to brainstorm ideas. After a few minutes of thinking, we decided that it would just be a sleepover at my house (Sabrina insists my house is the coolest), with the two of us, Allie and another girl, Audrey, who was our other good friend from school. It's going to be tomorrow night, and it's going to be a surprise for Allie! I'll update you tomorrow or the next day on how it goes. Peace out!
~Amanda~

1 comment: